- 03/2021 − present: Associate professor at the Delft Institute of Applied Mathematics, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- 09/2013 − 02/2021: Assistant professor at the Delft Institute of Applied Mathematics, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- 11/2012 − 08/2013: Interim W2-professorship “Numerical continuum mechanics” at the Chair III: Applied Mathematics and Numerics, Dortmund University of Technology, Germany.
- 08/2009 − 11/2012: PostDoc researcher (akademischer Rat a.Z.) at this chair.
- 08/2003 − 07/2009: Scientific researcher at this chair DFG projects KU 1530/1-1, /1-2, /3-1, /3-2, Project coordinator: JProf. Dr. Dmitri Kuzmin.
- 02/2001 − 07/2003: Undergraduate research assistant at this chair.
- 08/2003 − 12/2008: PhD in Mathematics, Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany, 2008.
- 10/1999 − 07/2003: Diploma in Mathematics, Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany, 2003.
- 04/2020 − 04/2021: PI of the NWO-funded Quantum leaps in universal quantum computer simulation project.
- 09/2019 − present: PI of the 4TU.CEE-funded Think Q: Quantum Programming Education for Engineers project.
- 09/2015 − 08/2018: Project Coordinator and PI of the H2020 MOTOR project.
- 2011 − 2014: Co-PI in the Collaborative Research Centre 708.
- 02/2010 Department of Mathematics, University of Houston, TX, USA
- 10/2009 Department of Mathematics, University of Houston, TX, USA
- Co-author of the paper entitled 'Elliptic Grid Generation Techniques in the Framework of Isogeometric Analysis Applications' that received the Best Paper Award (2nd Prize) at the 12th International Conference on Geometric Modeling and Processing (GMP 2018), Aachen, Germany, 09-11 April 2018.
- Presenter of the poster entitled 'Isogeometric Analysis for Industrial Applications' that was awarded the Best Poster Award (2nd Prize) at the 2nd International Conference on Simulation Technology, Stuttgart, Germany, 26-28 March 2018.
- Recipient of the Best Disseration Award in 2009, Faculty of Mathematics, Dortmund University of Technology, Germany.
- Recipient of the Rudolf Chaudoire Award in 2009, Dortmund University of Technology, Germany.
- Winner of the Bill Mortron Prize awarded during the 9th ICFD Conference on Numerical Methods for Fluid Dynamics, University of Reading, England, March 26-29, 2007.
- Member of the Quantum Information Science and Technology working group, TU Delft
- Member of TU Delft Vision Team Quantum Computing
- Member of 4TU.Centre for Engineering Education with the project Think Q: Quantum Programming Education for Engineers
- Representative of TU Delft in the CGNS steering committee
- Member of Werkgemeenschap Scientific Computing, The Netherlands.
- Member of "Freunde der Fakultät für Mathematik", Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany.
Service to Society
Reviewer for ACM Computing Frontiers, ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems, Applied Mathematics and Computation, BIT Numerical Mathematics, Communications in Computational Physics, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Computers & Fluids, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Computing, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, Journal of Computational Physics, Journal of Computational Sciences, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Journal of Neural Computing and Applications, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Reviews, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, PeerJ Computer Science, Scientific Research and Essays, Technical Sciences