FDBB: Fluid Dynamics Building Blocks
FDBB - the Fluid Dynamics Building Blocks - is a fluid dynamics expression template library written in C++11 that provides the algorithmic building blocks for developing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tools. It is designed as a header-only C++ library that can be easily integrated into existing CFD codes. FDBB is used in the compressible flow solver implemented in the G+Smo library.
FDBB is implemented as expression template library that builds on existing vector expression template libraries (ETL). The main features of the FDBB library are:
- unified API for variables, fluxes, and flux-Jacobians for arbitrary ETLs;
- use of full functionality and computational efficiency (OpenMP/MPI, CUDA, OpenCL, etc.) of the underlying ETLs;
- minimal computational overhead;
- easy integration of new ETLs.
FDBB is licensed under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0.
The latest version of FDBB can be downloaded from the project page as zip, tar.gz, tar.bz2, or tar archive or via
$ git clone https://gitlab.com/mmoelle1/FDBB.git
- Matthias Möller and Andrzej Jaeschke. FDBB: Fluid dynamics building blocks. In Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM 6) and the 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD 7), Glasgow, UK, jun 2018. ECCOMAS. (pdf). [ arXiv | http ]
FDBB has received funding from the European's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 678727, project MOTOR (Multi-ObjecTive design Optimization of fluid eneRgy machines).